North Dakota Information Technology Temp – Cybersecurity Governance, Risk Management, Compliance Analyst Intern
Hiring Salary: $17.35 per hour
Work Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Closing Date: October 15, 2020
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Do you have a strong passion to change the world? Do you believe that you can make the lives of people better with technology? The State of North Dakota is looking for a Cybersecurity Governance, Risk Management, Compliance (GRC) Analyst Intern to work with one of the world’s most advanced Security Operations Centers to protect a state network of over 250,000 devices including autonomous farms and smart roads designed to end world hunger, the Nation’s only research environment for beyond line of sight Unmanned Arial Vehicles, as well as the defense forces for 2/3rds of the Nation’s Nuclear Triad. This individual will help us fulfill our mission of empowering people, improving lives, and inspiring success! The successful Cybersecurity Governance, Risk Management, Compliance (GRC) Analyst Intern candidate will enjoy working with people in a collaborative environment, who can learn quickly in a rapidly changing technology landscape, and who embodies the core values that we follow as public servants for the State of ND: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, and Courage.
Summary of Work
As a part of the State of ND’s Information Security Division, the Cybersecurity GRC Analyst Intern will work on a team that aid and support the planning and execution of engagements with business executives and IT professionals to evaluate information and network security, change management, access control, IT infrastructure, server virtualization, software development, cloud computing and other key areas of client organizations. The Cybersecurity GRC Intern will also have the opportunity to develop and assist with the development and implementation of client information security programs. The Cybersecurity GRC Intern must be a self-motivated individual who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment with cutting edge technology.
The qualified candidate must currently be in enrolled in a mathematics, business, philosophy or related degree, vocational rehabilitation and employment program or recent graduated in the last six months in one of the previously mentioned degrees.
Tasks and Duties
• Provide assessment and authorization (A&A) support in the development of security and contingency plans and conduct complex risk and vulnerability assessments
• Conduct validation services, prepare POA&M, and compile validation results
• Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present risks and remediations in a business-like manner
• Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts
• Assist in the execution of the RMF assessment and Authorization program
• Develop, update, organize, maintain, and track RMF documentation using information obtained from the system owners
• Prepare test plans
• Analyze policies and procedures against DoD security policies and regulations and provide recommendations for closing gaps
• Assist in the developing and completing system security plans and contingency plans
• Recommend system enhancements to improve security deficiencies
Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if North Dakota Information Technology cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm and must include the following documents:
North Dakota Information Technology does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, please contact: Trish Moch, North Dakota Information Technology: Email: fax or TTY: or local at (701) 328-3190
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd/working-itd
• Learn more about NDIT at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd
• Learn more about Employment Benefits at: >https://www.nd.gov/omb/state-employee/employment-and-compensation/benefits
• Visit North Dakota State government: >http://www.nd.gov
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.