CYBERSECURITY PROTECT ANALYST (ERDC-21-1353-F):
Bowhead seeks experienced Cybersecurity Protect Analysts to join our team onsite in Vicksburg, MS. The Cybersecurity Protect Analysts will ensure delivery of critical infrastructure services. These highly skilled individuals will work in various capacities alongside Computer Network Defense (CND) Analysts and Cybersecurity Engineers in support of a 24x7x365 cybersecurity service provider.
The Cybersecurity Protect Analysts will perform vulnerability assessments and implement a variety of host-based security controls to prevent and/or limit the impact of an intrusion. The Cybersecurity Protect Analysts work in a larger team to deploy, implement, and sustain cybersecurity related functions.
Essential functions will include:
• Identifying vulnerabilities and assessing whether DREN assets conform to recommended security policies and configuration
• Conducting vulnerability scans monthly per subscriber using DoD-approved and recommended tools such as ACAS
• Providing the CDRUSSTRATCOM visibility and insight into the unclassified/classified to assess risk to the DODIN through reports, findings, and analyses resulting from vulnerability assessments
• Performing hardware/software inventory updates monthly using DoD-approved and recommended tools such as ACAS
• Providing the capability to receive open source, official, and classified threat, vulnerability, and attack notifications
• Providing subscriber sites details to take directed corrective actions to mitigate potential vulnerabilities or threats to their assets and capabilities
• Deploying the DoD's Host Based Security System (HBSS) in accordance with applicable DoD policies and guidance
• Operating and maintaining the HBSS server IAW with STIG requirements and ensuring HBSS agents are properly deployed in accordance with DoD guidance
• Ensuring all required HBSS modules are properly deployed, up-to-date, and active on subscribers' hosts in accordance with DoD guidance
• Configuring HBSS to perform periodic scans IAW current DOD guidance
• Ensuring signature based and heuristic based malware protection capabilities are kept up to date with latest malware signatures and/or properly configured and tuned to protect against malware
• Creating, maintaining and updating functional documentation, standard operating procedures and other documentation as required
• Bachelors' Degree in an IT related discipline AND at least three to five (3 to 5) years of experience as described above
• Must have and maintain CND-SP Baseline Certification (CEH or equivalent)
• Must have and maintain IAT II Baseline Certification (Security (+) or equivalent)
• Must have HBSS 301 required training for HBSS administration
• Must have ACAS certification
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively, interpret regulatory guidance and identified vulnerabilities to a wide audience
• Presentation and strong public speaking skills are required
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret/SCI. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-KC1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)