VariQ's Cybersecurity Line of Business is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Writer/Editor with a broad background in management and technology. Requires strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills to elicit, rectify, and disseminate tacit and explicit knowledge, as well as providing transactional and static content management, in support of a Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Team.
Position Basics and Requirements:
* Location: US. Mint Headquarters, Washington, DC
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: A public trust required (or the ability to obtain one), ability to attain DoD secret desired
* Availability: Within 30 days
* Wear multiple hats and demonstrate proficiency in different aspects of cybersecurity policy and compliance. Provide support as a Senior Technical Writer and Editor.
* Thrive and provide exemplary work in a fast-paced environment. Be a self-starter and handle multiple projects.
* Attend meetings with other contractors and government personnel.
* Provide support onsite and be available for evenings/weekends as needed.
* Assist the corporate office's business development personnel by writing, reviewing, or editing proposals and similar artifacts.
* Support our government client by drafting Policies, Procedures, Standards, Guidelines, and Frameworks. Writing persuasive White Papers on innovative cybersecurity concepts with a business-centric viewpoint, Cybersecurity-centric technology Blue Papers, and Cybersecurity Policy Green Paper.
* Create and capture organizational framework.
* Experience employing knowledge elicitation interview techniques.
* Apply in-depth knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technologies (NIST) 500, 800, and 1800 series of Special Publications (SPs)
* Support the team as they perform detailed Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA, 2002) and Federal Information Systems Modernization Act (FISMA Reform, 2014) cybersecurity assessments of all on-premise, shared, and Cloud systems.
* High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office365, especially SharePoint, Word, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Solid understanding of the language and concepts in:
* NIST SP 800-37, 800-53 (Risk Management Framework)
Desired Technical Literacy:
* (ISC)^2 Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) references for these certification frameworks:
* Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
* Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Project Management and Quality Improvement frameworks:
* Lean Six Sigma
* Kanban, Scrum, Scrumban, Feature Driven Development (FDD) Method, Business Analyst Development Method (BADM), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Technical Writing