Description Job Description:Cyberspace Vulnerability Management AnalystLooking for an opportunity to make an impact?
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Cyberspace Vulnerability Management Analyst
to support Joint Force Headquarters DODIN in support of the GSM-O II contract onsite at Fort Meade, MD
. As a core team member, you support the management and execution of a government led vulnerability program.If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group
provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security challenges for customers with can't fail missions. To explore and learn more, click here
The GSM-O II Program
provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA's operational mission through innovation and support to DISA's mission partners. Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! Responsibilities Include:
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Establishing communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
- Leveraging a specialized understanding of vendor products and fixing actions to develop mitigation orders for the identified vulnerabilities.
- Compiling daily, weekly, and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
- Utilizing tracking tools to upload information for DoD component consumption and vulnerability compliance tracking.
- Creating situational awareness products to provide DoD components with detailed information related to vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Providing notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally.
- Developing, documenting, and conveying IAVM operational requirements to enhance capabilities to identify, track, and remediate system and network vulnerabilities as well as for a real-time patch management capability.
- Managing/generating reports, reviewing/approving Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Operational Impact Statements and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance.
- Supporting the development, and accurate inclusion of vulnerability directives into JFHQ-DODIN orders.
- Monitoring the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 8 years of related experience; additional related years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for polygraph
- Security+ or equivalent DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open source information collection)
- Working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Critical/logical thinking skills
- Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A/FA with command and proper enunciation of the English language
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified