LOCATION: Columbus Ohio
DURATION: 12 Months
DESCRIPTION: Role and Responsibilities
• Conducts design sessions with customers.
• Works with business/data analysts to establish clearly defined business requirements that follow a business process model.
• Works with data suppliers/data source systems owners to establish input and interface specifications.
• Performs data analysis for source system data.
• Creates conceptual, logical and physical models for HHS data warehouse implementations.
• Designs and manages data models in data modeling product.
• Develops third normal form and dimensional models that adhere to data warehouse best practices.
• Designs time variant models that support both point in time (historical) and current state analysis.
• Generates DDL from model for Oracle database.
• Develops Source to Target Mappings from data models as data integration (ETL) specifications.
• Coordinates with developers to program, test and implement designs.
• Provides professional documentation of data architecture.
• Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).
• Keep current and informed of domain related technologies and best practices.
•Serve as technical owner and point of contact for domain specific solutions.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to team members in the areas of technical skills and competencies.
Mandatory Requirements: Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a data architect for multi-terabyte data warehouse projects (healthcare preferred).
• 5+ years of experience with ERwin Enterprise Data Modeler Suite OR equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in logical and physical data modeling - relational and dimensional.
• Understanding of data warehousing design and development best practices.
• Understanding of ETL design and development best practices.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization. • Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style; present information effectively in one-on-one, and small group settings, including executive management.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing to document data requirements and translate into technical solutions.
• Understands the importance of maintaining the physical and technical security and privacy of protected health information (PHI).
• 3-5 years of previous experience in Health Care, Government or Social Services.
• Health and Human Services (HHS) experience is preferred.
• Healthcare data modeling experience.
• Oracle DBMS experience.