Only candidates able to work directly on my W2 will be considered. Candidates through a third party employer or those candidates requiring sponsorship will not be considered. This is a 100% remote opportunity.
Maintains, monitors, configures, and ensures optimal performance of the enterprise database. Performs regular back-up archiving and integrity checks.
• Configure and maintain DB2 pureScale database on Linux including performance, sizing, scaling, backup, high availability and disaster recovery for DB2 pureScale on Linux.
• Configure and maintain Microsoft SQL Server on Linux including performance, sizing, scaling, backup, high availability and disaster recovery.
• Perform tasks and activities on database security, backup and recovery, diagnosing/resolution of problems, systems monitoring, database performance on DB2 pureScale on Linux.
• Architect, install and configure IBM DB2 pureScale on Linux.
• The candidate will perform complex professional and advisory functions in form installation, configuration, testing, documentation IBM database software products in accordance with State policies and procedures.
• Confers with agency technical and other section technical as well as agency business personnel to identify and resolve issues.
• Works with vendors to implement, maintain, and correct problems related to target systems. Must work with multiple vendors when situation requires.
• Must be able to suggest viable solutions to meet business needs.
• Document all systems and performed actions in the approved manner.
• Serves as project coordinator as needed across multiple agencies and locations to determine components, schedules and assignments providing expertise, guidance and direction to staff.
Qualifications & Experience
• 5+ years working in Information Technology
• 3+ years of experience administering, analyzing, and/or developing relational databases.
• Experience working within an AIX/SuSe Environment required.
• Experience creating data models of databases, and monitoring/tuning database performance.
• Strong experience with QRadar Security Information and Event Management.
• Strong experience working with DB2 management software.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology preferred.
• Candidate must have experience in Q replication.
• Candidate must have HADR experience (installation/configurations, troubleshooting).
• Candidate must have database backups and recovery experience.
• Candidate must have some experience in pureScale ENV databases.
• Experience with Native encryption and SSL configuration.
• Experience in daily DBA tasks.
• Experience working with DB2 in a hosted environment (hosted environment experience is a major requirement).
• Experience working within an AIX/SuSe Environment.
• Experience as a DBA in a clustered environment.
• PureApp experience.
• pureScale DB experience.
• HADR experience.
• Good experience in IBM DB2.
• Good experience in IBM MQ.
• Good experience in IBM Guardium.
• Good experience in setting up Native encryption on DB2 databases.
• Good experience in backup, restore, recovery and performance tuning on IBM DB2 databases.
• Good experience in command line (Linux, AIX, etc).
• Good experience in any scripting language.