Responsible for database design and analysis, maintenance and database management activities. Involved in the design/redesign of databases to meet specific business needs of user areas and in the testing and correction of databases to ensure system integrity. Ensures quality and efficiencies in the design, implementation, maintenance and administration of database systems. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. Job Description
Db2 LUW Database Administrator needed to support Market Risk daily operational support for 122 TB data warehouse running on multiple production clustered servers. Market risk provides T-1 market risk measures of Value at Risk and Stress, providing detailed trade risk analytics to Risk Managers. Job Responsibilities
Required Job Skills
- Requirement gathering and performing capacity planning, database physical design, architecture and configuration of large infrastructures, developing complex shell scripts, preparing specifications and defining best practices and standards.
- Provide database expertise to Application teams; represent DBA team in project planning, sizing, design and defining backup/recovery strategies.
- Perform, design, build, configuration and administration of DB2 Instances
- Perform database administration tasks such as patching, upgrading, backup/recovery management and capacity planning
- Create users and assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need
- Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database/instances
- Serve as primary DBA for multiple applications
- Set up high-availability as part of Disaster Recovery Strategy for the databases
- Perform backups and recovery of SQL databases.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of problems and recommend solutions to resolve the problems.
- Promote system reliability and efficiency by implementing standards and best-practices.
- Perform code migrations and updates through lower level environment ultimately into production.
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment.
- 5-7 years of supporting DB2 administration experience plus DB2 partitioned databases( DPF) with experience on LUW V11 (LINUX)
- Experience using Q Replication
- Hands-on advanced trouble-shooting and performance tuning knowledge/experience;
- Understand and be able to define different DB2 partitioning strategies;
- Ability to provide technical documentation, automation scripting, installation, monitoring, and trouble-shooting across a large enterprise environment
- Ability to work in global environment across time zones
- Database server and application sizing and capacity planning
- Database server and application tuning for performance and scalability
- Performance testing experience
- In-Depth understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques in support of On-call duties
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: