Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have an IRS MBI
Do not send anyone that does not have an active IRS/MBI
Statement of Work:
The IRS workload is shifting from a traditionally batch environment to a more real-time environment. The DB2 DBAs require advanced skills and experience working in a highly complex DB2 Datasharing environment. At the current critical state of transition, appropriate resources are required to provide responsive high-level support to all premium service applications. The IRS requires support necessary to ensure the integrity of the DB2 databases.
As a senior level DB2 zOS DBA, this individual will provide his/her expertise in supporting the following tasks:
- Provide technical DB2 leadership and assist in developing/maintaining an architectural design, planning and support for the Tier I DB2 databases.
- Coordinate the technical activities related to problem management, system maintenance to provide a framework for project communications, reporting, and troubleshooting processing failures.
- Act as on-site DB2 technical resource
- Act as a remote DB2 technical resource
- Participate in key DMSSD planning and management meetings
- Conduct incident post mortem meetings
- Identify issues, problem areas that need focus/escalation
- Identify single points of database failure
- Maintain communications through DMSSD management
- Recommend enhancements to problem/change management procedures
- Resolve and trouble shoot P1\P2 tickets as required
- Provide Operations support
- Follow-up and escalate issues identified in problem and change management meetings
Required skills/Level of Experience :
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of DB2 Version 12 in a z/OS mainframe environment.
- Detailed specialized experience to include application knowledge and expertise in such areas as DB2 Version 12, z/OS Operating System, Disaster Recovery, IBM PTF maintenance, DB2 upgrade protocols, and practical experience in a highly complex DB2 DataSharing environment.
- Experienced in supporting DB2 Disaster Recovery Exercises, supporting Disaster Recovery Strategy and Procedures and providing DB2 Support and Problem Resolution.
- Experienced in developing and conducting technical training. Experience preparing Technical Documentation and DB2 Reports. Experience providing Remote Training for Application DBAs and On-The-Job Support Training to Application DBAs.
- Experienced in monitoring DB2 Production and Test Environments.
- Experienced in enhancing Notification and Automation Functions. Experienced in providing/updating physical database design and sizing attributes and providing/updating database maintenance activities. Experience in following Established Guidelines Program Changes. Experience in creating jobs or using SPUFI/QMF to execute functions; testing jobs, and establishing jobs under control of a configuration management tool
- Experienced in providing operational level database support. Experience partnering with applications in the development of logical database design, sizing, and conversion. Experienced in Performing database monitoring and tuning, including space utilization and resizing.
Nice to have skills:
- IRS system and data knowledge experience
- Knowledge of Unisys/SAIC Mainframe
Primary job duties:
Job Duty 1 with 20% of time – Support DB2 Disaster Recovery Exercises. Support Disaster Recovery Strategy and Procedures. Provide DB2 Support and Problem Resolution.
Job Duty 2 with 20% of time – Develop and conduct technical training. Prepare Technical Documentation and DB2 Reports. Provide Remote Training for Application DBAs. Provide On-The-Job Support Training to Application DBAs.
Job Duty 3 with 20% of time – Monitor DB2 Production and Test Environments.
Job Duty 4 with 20% of time – Enhance Notification and Automation Functions. Provide/update physical database design and sizing attributes. Provide/update database maintenance activities. Follow Established Guidelines Program Changes. Create the jobs or use SPUFI/QMF to execute functions; test the jobs, establish the jobs under control of the configuration management tool.
Job Duty 6 with 20% of time – Provide operational level database support. Partner with applications in the development of logical database design, sizing, and conversion. Perform database monitoring and tuning, including space utilization and resizing.