Title: DBA with (Oracle & Mongo DBA experience )
Location: Englewood, CO
Duration : 6+ months contract to hire (will definitely convert to fulltime after the contract)
We are seeking an DBA with experience working with Relational and non relational databases with expertise in both Oracle & Mongo Database . The DBA is responsible for day to day operations and executing key initiatives for IT. The candidate must bring a strong desire to contribute to a fast-paced team, share ideas and be willing to learn. The ideal candidate has a strong background in database administration with Oracle and Mongo databases in an enterprise environment.
TOP 3 SKILLS (Technical):
- Mongo / NoSQL
- General knowledge of programming
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer databases using Mongo (3.x) and (oracle (11g & 12c).
- Proactively monitor production databases for HA, DR, Performance and Security.
- Participate in on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Follow established standards and extend when/where applicable. Document new processes and procedures when required. Promptly create Incident Reports to update/extend Knowledge Base.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer science or Information Systems with a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
- Experience managing Terabyte Databases on UNIX/Linux Systems.
- Experience with Query and Database Optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with Monitoring tools like Mongo Operations Manager, Oracle OEM, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently on projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.