ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a coach and mentor by guiding associates, providing feedback, and offering means of improvement.
- Identify talent and skills gaps and recommend training to existing staff.
- Train and develop associates to help them continue to grow to the next level of their career.
- Identify hiring needs and work with IT leadership to recruit, interview, and select candidates.
- Empower employees to engage in self-development. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Apply Agile principles to identify best practices and make recommendations on how to improve current processes.
- Establish and organize the career development Community of Practice.
- Act as a liaison between technology associates and IT leadership for purposes of department policy clarification, career growth, questions and concerns.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience with coaching and developing teams
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and Agile ways of working (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, etc.)
- Technical experience and credibility within the discipline that the position is focused on (e.g. software development, infrastructure & operations, security)
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions
- BS. or B.A. in Computer Science or related degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position preferred
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.