GDIT seeks a DevOps Engineer. **Must currently possess Secret level of above clearance
• Minimum of eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of build automation and release management experience in production environments
• Experience with Amazon Web Services administration, or significant experience with another major public cloud provider
• Experience building and releasing Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management.
• Experience installing, configuring and using various open source and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Selenium, Docker, Sonarqube, Terraform.
• Experience developing coding/scripting to build required automation and tools (using Chef, Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell, Java, etc.)
• Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions.
• Experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills
• Experience with both Windows and UNIX operating systems
• Experience web infrastructure fundamentals: Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name Server (DNS), Hyper text (or transport) Protocol (HTTP), etc.
• Ability to understand and actively participate in SCRUM Agile methodology
• Must have Debugging and testing skills
• Must be able to collaborate, work in teams and be accountable for all contracts efforts
• Must have client-facing consulting, leadership, and analytic skills
• Ability to communicate issues, status, tradeoffs and priorities
**Must currently possess Secret level of above clearance
The DEVOPS Engineer is responsible for the management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software. The DEVOPS Engineer is also responsible for creating software deployment strategies and supporting the team in the implementation of lifecycle infrastructure solutions and documentation.
• Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions
• Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
• Design and implement DevOps solutions that leverage AWS / AZURE and internal products/service capabilities to meet requirements
• Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
• Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) and support operation and maintenance team
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
• Develop and maintain automated test framework tools to facilitate Systems Engineer testing tasks.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for system administrations tasks.
GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology) is the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are a company of over 40,000 smart, talented individuals who are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
Delivering Next Generation IT Solutions
We deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Committed to Our Country and Communities
Whether we're helping our U.S. government customers meet their mission and operational challenges or working to address critical needs within our local communities, we bring the same level of passion and commitment, developing solutions that meet or exceed the challenge.
As an employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation's most critical missions. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.