The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
This is position is for a senior project engineer to support the Secretariat Office of the Director, Department of the Air Force (DAF) Studies and Analysis (SAF/SA) in support of their role to lead DAF studies, analyses, and assessments across air, space, and cyberspace and be the DAF focal point for modeling, simulation, and analysis for Congress, Joint Staff, industry, academia, and allies and partners. The individual will focus their support on SAF/SA's effort to bring higher fidelity space information into DAF campaign analysis.
This position is located at the Pentagon and has a hybrid work arrangement. The position will call for 4 days/week of on-site work.What You'll Be Doing
What You'll Be Doing
- Selected candidate will be a part of the collective Government, Aerospace, and SETA team that comprises the Future Warfare Analysis Division (SAF/SAW) at the Pentagon and other distributed locations
- Be responsible for advancing space representation in the DAF-wide campaign modeling efforts
- Utilize the Synthetic Theater Ops Research Model (STORM) on Aerospace and Government networks as applicable, which is the standard across DOD for conducting campaign analysis simulations
- Lead Aerospace efforts to standup and expand TS/SCI STORM support where needed. This includes being the technical point of contact for Enterprise Information Services to ensure network resources are adequate and functional for SAF/SA support.
- Leverage Aerospace's space expertise to assess how the model currently accounts for space capabilities and recommend improvements on how best to capture the space capabilities to relevantly account for space contributions to the joint warfighter
- Collaborate across the USSF to ensure best possible representation of space effects and cross-organizational consistency at the SAP level
- Support campaign scenario build outs and work with other members of the SAF/SA team to support all domain analysis in the STORM campaign mode
- The selected candidate must work optimally in an onsite environment with the customer and have the ability to work with senior Government leaders, contractors, other government agencies, the various Aerospace program offices, and the Aerospace Engineering and Technical Group (ETG) to address issues and provide the customer with the best available technical and programmatic analyses.
How You Can Stand Out
- 12 or more years of dynamically responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Experience with military campaign analysis and military utility analysis
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and must be adept at oral and written communication
- Proven track record to work effectively with senior government, military personnel, FFRDC, and SETA contractors
- Bachelors degree in engineering, mathematics, science, computer science, or other technical discipline
- This position requires a current TS/SCI, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have on or more of the following:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree in engineering, mathematics, science, computer science, or other technical discipline
- Possess a deep understanding of STORM and be able to run the model accordingly
- Experience with Joint Force Operating Scenarios
- Experience in briefing senior Government leaders (General officer and/or SES) and/or senior Aerospace leadership
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .