Solidus is searching for a Software Engineer to be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts.
Th relevant radar software applications, including implementations of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
The successful candidate will join a team located in Marlborough, MA whose mission is to provide world class radar software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. These teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers.
There are travel opportunities available to support the radar systems at various sites.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance; Active clearance preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
6 plus years- experience on all phases of Software Engineering including:
- Experience with C++
- Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Radar domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, Clear Case and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering