LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD. COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE. MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world's most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we've built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain... Why North Highland?
Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow. It's our employee ownership model - with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For us, training doesn't have an off switch. You'll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. We want people who strive for the next level, then the next. At North Highland, you're never a number.
Our firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won't lose your face in a crowd. You're recognized individually. We started as three leaders and a kitchen table.
Which means we know expectations are made to be broken. Want to surprise us? Do it. Experiment and stretch yourself. There's room to grow as a budding entrepreneur. Exciting work you will do:
Data & Analytics is North Highland's leading growth area and we are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our Data & Analytics capability, focusing on advanced analytics, data visualization, machine learning, data wrangling, and emerging cloud technologies.
Scope of Work:
- Use knowledge of data analytics to increase client impact, develop your skillsets and grow your career
- Work with new and emerging technologies
- Work on advanced analytical projects for clients under supervision of lead data scientist
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to understand the business problem, work through solutioning, and present analytic findings to the client
- Building effective visual presentations and analytical dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau and other tools to present analytical findings
- Handling large volumes of data in a variety of formats for preparation of data insights
- Rapid prototyping and exploratory analytical work in the North Highland Insight Lab using commercial, public and private data
- Being a part of a collaborative team working to creatively solve complex technical and business problems that in the end drive real business value
- Make your mark by working directly with clients as a visible and engaged member of the team
- Collaborate across disciplines to deliver creative solutions to client challenges
- Actively contribute to business development proposals and the identification of new opportunities
- Establish positive relationships with clients and peers that build credibility, foster your support network and empower career development
- Develop a deeper understanding of our firm's shared vision to build our clients' capabilities and unleash their potential
Our Client is looking for help in creating a company balanced scorecard and detailed metrics pack that tells them the health of the business by day. They currently have basic metrics in place to help run the business but not at the level of interrogation that they would want to see every day that is inclusive of operational, sales, and financial metrics. This Consultant would be interviewing stakeholders, prioritizing, and building out dashboards utilizing PowerBI that address business needs. What you will need:
- At least 3-7 years of hands-on data experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful consulting engagement experience, including a role in managing and interfacing with senior level client executives
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical audience of wide variety of levels including client-facing senior management?
- Strong experience with Data Visualization tools: Power BI
- Experience with wide array of analytical approaches (correlation analysis, predictive and explanatory modeling, data mining, unsupervised clustering, analysis of unstructured data)
- Solid SQL skills - via exposure to RDBMSs such as Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, postgres, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - Data warehouse (BigQuery, RedShift) / cloud storage (GS, S3) / app engine (Google Cloud Platform App Engine, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience with "Big Data" environments
- Working knowledge of data movement ETL technologies - Stored procedures, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
- Understanding of business functions (sales, finance, marketing, operations) and how they relate to business intelligence solutions
- Has the investigative mindset and related skills that can be used with any number of tools to explore available data
- Ability to self-direct and manage priorities; ability to handle issues that are not well-defined and/or conflict with available information; ability to successfully navigate ambiguity to resolution
** Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, now or in the future, for this position. Click HERE to apply
- Professional certifications in data technologies (BI tools, cloud technologies, ETL, etc.)
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling techniques (star schemas, facts, dimensions, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization, and influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results
North Highland makes change happen for organizations who dare to be different. By melding workforce, customer and operational transformation, they are one of the world's leading consulting groups, with 65+ offices around the globe. They break new ground today so tomorrow is easier to explore.
For more information, visit northhighland.com
and connect with us on LinkedIn
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.