Location: DALLAS, TX
Duration: 18 Months
General Purpose of Position:
- Works with internal customers to conduct needs analysis relative to process improvement and metrics in order to create quality reporting solutions.
- Ensures solutions are aligned with business direction and requirements.
- Manages timeframes for designing, coding, testing and implementing to ensure solutions are delivered on-time with accuracy.
- Delivered solutions are designed with a quality and sustainable mindset to ensure future reporting cycles are efficient and produce consistent results.
- Understands data and resulting reports in order to effectively design quality solutions, as well as identify additional reporting.
- Responsible for development of components to support an operational reporting program.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Completes tasks independently
- Interacts with customers to define, analyze and deliver requirements
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business functions being supported
- Documents assigned work and progress to customer / management
- Communicates problems and / or issues in a timely manner
- Analyzes and resolves problems independently
- Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution
- Quickly understands the intent of the report/dashboard assignment and can independently build it
- Tests solutions to ensure accuracy and quality
- Develops reports that provide visibility to performance
- Conducts analytics to identify trends and additional focus / reporting requirements
- Demonstrates attention to detail to ensure reports are professional, consistent, accurate and consumable
- Focuses on report automation to avoid efforts and vulnerabilities associated with manual report production
- Education: BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience: Minimum four years work experience as a data analyst or equivalent position
Skills / Abilities / Knowledge:
- In depth experienced with Performance Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis
- Experienced and familiar with ServiceNow data structure and reporting
- Experienced with presenting to individual contributors as well as Sr Leaders
- Strong partnering skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage own work independently
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop viable solutions
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Access / Excel
- Advanced reporting skills
- Ability to develop reports and present information in Powerpoint
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with data mining
- Experience with business intelligence
- Experience with data warehouse
- Experience with balanced scorecard
- Knowledge of ITIL / Service Management