Only local San Francisco Bay Area candidates!
Direct W2 employees only! No 3rd party agencies!
Development Sciences Informatics is seeking a talented Business Analyst Contractor to contribute to scientific data management efforts. Development Sciences (DevSci) is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Genentech Research and Early Development as well as late stage development of our products at Roche. DevSci supports drug discovery and development projects across all therapeutic areas from discovery to launch and beyond. We are poised at a unique time when large volumes of complex and varied internal and external data needs to be readily accessible to ensure that swift interpretation and decision making can occur.
These data impact decisions in ongoing preclinical and clinical programs, and provide key knowledge to inform new target discovery. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Conduct business analysis for informatics projects that will enable data storage, curation, analytics, and general management of dynamic scientific data generated from innovative research, exploratory, and clinical studies.
- Communicate effectively with and gather requirements from key business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and users of data management solutions.
- Define and document use case stories in detail to drive good software development and testing. Create wireframes and test scripts.
- Help identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in data management workflows through workflow modeling with activity diagrams.
- Help implement processes for automating common data management activities.
- Help develop and rollout data management strategies, training materials, and documentation as necessary for multiple functions in Development Sciences.
5 years experience as business/data analyst.
- Must have business analysis experience, and have previously conducted workflow and business process modeling - project management experience desired
- Familiarity with and experience applying Agile methodologies
- Experience documenting and validating use cases, requirements
- Experience running user acceptance testing and promoting adoption of new solutions
- Must have a scientific background or have worked in Biotech/Pharmaceutical R&D
- Previous experience with data management preferred
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or programming language (R, Python, SQL desired)
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as R (Shiny), Spotfire, Tableau, etc. desired
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new software/technical tools and processes quickly