The Data Analyst/Report Writer turns data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. This position is responsible for monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in ARA s data analytics processes. The Data Analyst works with Information Technology and ARA s real estate investment and management teams alike to take data usability ideas and make them a reality.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases and data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Certified Data Analyst designation preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Demonstrated technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Familiarity with developing in Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and analytics, with experience using packages for analyzing datasets (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Excel).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Exceptionally well organized, detail-oriented, flexible, self-starter, who is confident, analytical, technical and resourceful.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse personality types.
- Ability to work well under pressure with compressed project time frames.
- Position type: This position is considered exempt under the Federal Labor Standards Act.
- Expected work hours: 8:30 to 5:30, Monday through Friday with occasional weekends.
- Travel: May be required to drive a personal vehicle for business (on occasion).
- Work environment and physical demands: General office environment includes but not limited to periods of sitting at a computer, standing at a copier and carrying files.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with, or without, notice.
American Realty Advisors is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual's race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment at American Realty Advisors, including hiring, assignments, training, promotion, compensation, employee benefits, employee discipline and discharge, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
ARA considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance No. 184652.