1. Supervises assigned personnel by:
a. Providing guidance, technical assistance, and training as necessary.
b. Making recommendations regarding performance appraisals.
c. Reviewing documentation, procedures, programming and testing activities of less senior group members for adhering to departmental standards and assigned objectives.
2. Participates in preparing and writing computer programs by:
a. Coding, testing, and debugging programs and system flows.
b. Verifying program logic by preparing test data for trial runs.
c. Translating detailed systems specifications and logic flowcharts into coding instructions.
3. Analyzes existing system logic difficulties and revises program logic and procedures to provide more efficient machine operations.
4. Designs or assists in the design of new systems by:
a. Performing user interviews and data gathering activities.
b. Developing detailed de job specific qualifications are listed under "Team Specific Qualifications below.sign and program specification including applications flow charts and diagrams, coding instructions, and related documentation.
c. Defining systems secuting and conversion plans.
e. Designing program logic to meet specifications ensuring adherence to prescribed standards.
f. Selecting appropriate programming language to meet requirements of assignment.
5. Oversees the development of user training and documentation by:
a. Participating in the training of users in the use of developed programs and related computer and peripheral equipment.
b. Assisting with the preparation of user guides, manuals and instruction.
6. Keeps abreast of latest technologies (mainframe and micro), recommending and applies as necessary.
7. Assists in analyzing system/program specifications of problem descriptions for clarity, completeness and conformance to standards.
8. Fulfills administrative and project control reporting requirements.
9. Enters and tracks all assignments on Project Control System; Reports, on a weekly basis, assignment status through use of the Project Control System.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
At least six years experience as programmer analyst, two years at senior level, and be proficient in a minimum of two major IT software methodologies and industry standard operating systems involving application sofetware support and solution development.
Experience with system design and analysis, and research
Team Specific Qualifications (in addition to qualifications listed above)
Reports and Data Management:
Experience working in a multi-platform environment, willing ot learn new skills at a fast pace, and possesses problem solving skills. Experience in three or more of the following skill sets: Crystal Reporting, ODBC database reporting tools such as MS-SQL, Oracle, Access, or Sysbase. DTS packages, SSIS, SSRS, SAS, HL7 protocols, C#, .NET, VB scripting.
Knowledge of health care or financial systems