CalOptima is a county organized health system that administers publicly funded health care coverage for low-income children, adults, seniors and people with disabilities in Orange County, California. CalOptima's mission is to provide members with access to quality health care services delivered in a cost-effective and compassionate manner. With $3.6 billion in annual revenue, CalOptima serves nearly 800,000 members, delivering services through four programs, Medi-Cal, OneCare Connect, OneCare and PACE. For the past six years, CalOptima has been rated the top quality Medi-Cal plan in California, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Medicaid Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2019–2020.
Responsible for all data reporting and analysis functions for the Network Management department, including developing, designing, and maintaining databases. Develop and design reports to assist with the routine operational requirements of the department. Produce ad hoc reports as necessary in response to requests by senior management, the Board of Directors and as required by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). Provide data analysis and reporting as required in support of major CalOptima initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or other related field, and/or relevant experience in data reporting and analysis and/or developing, designing, and maintaining databases, is required.
- 3 years of health care background experience required.
- 3 years of experience working as a data analyst, preferably in health care, required.
CalOptima's Data Analyst, Sr. must possess the ability to:
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of data sources used for reporting.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of CalOptima's lines of business and health networks.
- Work independently and as part of a team under minimal supervision.
- Develop and maintain effective, productive working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Work on complex projects and perform senior-level data quality analysis.
- Present information in a useable format and be able to clearly explain the content.
- Prioritize tasks and use time efficiently.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
CalOptima's Data Analyst, Sr. must have the knowledge of:
- SQL and VBA.
- MS Access to create ad hoc reports and design databases.
- Microsoft Excel to manipulate data and produce charts/reports applicable to reporting requests.
- Quest Analytics to develop reports to analyze provider adequacy and accessibility.
- Tableau software for creating dashboard type of reporting for Network Management.
- Managed care concepts.
- Medicare/Medi-Cal guidelines, regulations and data reporting requirements preferred.
For a complete job description and to apply online, please go to www.caloptima.org. Questions can be directed to Johnny Fahim, Recruiter, 714-796-6169 or email@example.com.