Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's Center for Health Care Innovation is looking for a Data Analyst
The Data Analyst at the Center for Health Care Innovation will be responsible under general direction for providing high-level analysis of business or clinical data to assess clinical quality, service, and performance and produce decision support information. The Data Analyst will provide guidance in data analysis and interpretation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and experienced in statistical analysis and data mining. Additional experience in health care and experience with electronic health records is desirable. The position requires a high degree of engagement and resourcefulness as well as outstanding communication and organizational skills.
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine health care delivery, improve patient outcomes, patient and clinician experience, and reduce the cost of care. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The Center provides an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across the healthcare industry.
• Initiates and coordinates complex data analysis projects for the Center for Health Care Innovation. Determines project parameters, guidelines, and structure. Generates documents, manuscripts, and/or presentations summarizing and providing in-depth analyses of these projects.
• Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates complex organizational data with statistical tools to identify trends, variances, and problem areas. Such analyses are used to support decisions that will guide Innovation Center projects by offering insights that can suggest ways to improve performance such as improved quality of care, improved patient safety/satisfaction, cost savings, increased revenue, etc.
• Interacts and consults with the appropriate internal and external parties to ensure an understanding of factors that affect the data and possible sources of variation.
• Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data. Identifies any discrepancies in the data and in the event that data is not being captured correctly, works with the appropriate members of IT to resolve the issue and ensure that the data integrity is maintained.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Master's degree preferred
• 2+ years' experience in positions that require analytical and technical skills in quantitative areas, ideally in health care required
• Ability to use MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Data acquisition, data mining, data analysis, preferably electronic health records and medical/pharmacy claims data.
• Proficiency with data analysis tools, such as SQL (preferred), Stata, SPSS, R, or Python
• Ability to communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with team members, other health system employees, and patients on an interpersonal level, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills -- able to prioritize work and manage time
• Strong team orientation with the ability to be flexible with time and independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Responsive service orientation -- positive, "can do" approach to initiatives, problems, and solutions.
• Able to work independently, with a minimum of supervision and direction.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.