The Data Analyst will work as a member of Stifel’s Analyst team within the Digital Solutions group. The Data Analyst Associate is responsible for servicing ad-hoc data extraction and reporting requests originating from various firm business areas including compliance or regulatory areas as well as product management. This position will be expected to interpret requests, work with business users to further define requirements, analyze pertinent underlying data to ensure proper use and then translate those requirements into queries that will provide the objective data sets. The Data Analyst Associate will also be responsible for learning as much as possible about company applications and business practices in the context of how they affect the firm's data.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Field inbound requests from business users and/or related project development teams, and refine requirements until a full understanding is reached on the data being requested.
- Build and leverage T-SQL queries that isolate data according to the business requirements gathered.
- Perform limited due diligence on data produced to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Maintain strong communication with stakeholders, following up as needed to ensure all requests are being actively addressed and/or status is being communicated.
- Triage requests to focus first on more time-sensitive items.
- Work according to standards and practices set by Product Management or senior team members.
- Gain an understanding of company applications and business practices in the context of how they affect the firm's data.
Education & Experience
- Basic understanding of financial industry terminology and concepts.
- Ability to leverage SQL to create queries which model and/or aggregate large complex datasets.
- Understanding or willingness to learn basic concepts of Microsoft T-SQL and database design within first six months on job.
- Strong analytical skills focused on using logic and reasoning to identify complex relationships within a data structure as well as to research and discuss recommended uses.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities, tasks, and deadlines based on severity and urgency of departmental and firm-goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience required
- 1+ years' experience in the investment, financial, or technical field required
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.