Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a "job"? Are you passionate about doing what's right? Do you have experience and skills in acquisition, specifically information technology acquisitions? Then we have a position for you.
Noblis is seeking a Data Analyst/Modeler to plan, analyze and report findings as they relate to data: quality, relationships, and governance. This opportunity supports a government agency with analysis to help them understand the data flows among systems, system data processing, and data relationships. Responsibilities include: data extraction; data cleaning; data analysis; statistical analysis; technical writing; and communicate findings. As part of a Noblis team, candidates will work closely with government clients to understand current issues and challenges, implement practical and effective solutions and foster the clear understanding of analysis results.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-10 years of professional experience as a Data Analyst/Modeler; or 3-5 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
* Experience utilizing statistical techniques to analyze data
* Understanding of data governance best practices preferred.
* Ability to utilize visualization tools on data for analysis and to display results
* Experience with web interface design a plus
* Experience using D3 to extract and report data is a plus
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in a dynamic work environment.
* Ability to extract data from a variety of systems via extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL)
* Experience performing analysis of data through use of mathematical algorithms, filtering tools and techniques using: SAS, R, Excel
* Experience extracting data via multiple methods: Java script, db2, Teradata, Oracle, ETL scripts
* Ability to research and document conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata
* Ability to research and document data flows, entity relationships, data sources and data attributes
* Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
* Experience developing logical entity relationship diagrams derived from Business Object Models, Conceptual Data Models and business data requirements
* Strong familiarity with Oracle databases and tools
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Posted Date: 8/10/2017
Category: Information Systems Engineering