Currently, we have an opening for Data Analyst / Report Writer for our direct client in Austin, TX. Please find the position details given below. If you are interested please apply.
Title: Data Analyst / Report Writer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 4 Months (with the option to extend if needed for project completion)
The Data Analyst is responsible for ingesting, cleaning, mining and transforming data. The analyst will also monitor data quality and analyze various forms of data while providing reports and interpreting results. The Data Analyst will be working to migrate reports and integrate systems to a new vendor application.
- Work with a team of developers to convert existing report queries written for an Oracle Database to work in DB2.
- Convert existing Oracle packages, stored procedures, and functions to DB2.
- Create an ETL process to export data from DB2 to an Edfi compliant set of CSV files.
- Mines and interprets data, monitors, and analyzes key metrics and interprets performance and provides insight into the data and metrics generated.
- Convert existing PL/SQL Queries, stored procedures, and functions to work with a DB2 database.
- Writes, maintains and/or updates queries to develop analysis in response to queries from vendors and internal customers
- Ensures accuracy of database results used as inputs to data analysis.
- Work with data owners to understand the data schema, data flow and develop data dictionaries.
- Coordinates data feeds and updates and sources additional data required for integration and migration of a new vendor.
- Determines the value of new internal and external data sources, merges disparate data sets, ingests data, cleans, and munges data, derives metrics, and transforms the data into usable information.
- Assists vendor development teams in creating and maintaining data reporting models.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data monitoring and measurement systems.
- Ensures the quality of specific data stores for collection, tracking and reporting of research data.
- Designs and develops ETL(extract, transform and load) processes to feed data stores from disparate data sources.
- Develops and documents the systems, processes and logic required to expose the existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Delivers quality data integration projects.
- Designs and develops BI/Analytics views for stakeholders.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or related field and 3 years of experience in database development using Oracle PL/SQL and DB2 or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience with K-12 educational institution data
- Data warehousing and ETL processes
- Experience working with DB2 databases
- All aspects of designing, developing, testing and implementing ETL solutions