Clover Consulting has a large, direct client in Grand Rapids, MI in need of a Data Analyst/R Programmer. Term of this contract is 6 months. This position will start off remote during COVID restrictions, but will then need to be on-site in Grand Rapids, MI after COVID Restrictions are lifted.
- 1-2 plus years of experience providing statistical support for sensory panel data evaluation and consumer products research
- Applied knowledge of scaling methods, statistical methods, tools/techniques, and experimental design in support of new product development efforts, product benchmarking, consumer research, etc.
- Strong applied statistical software and programming skills, specifically SPSS, S-Plus and R software; familiarity with RStudio a plus
- Working knowledge of relational databases (i.e., MS Access); familiarity with database development and management, including SQL
- Demonstrates ability to work with minimal instruction, open and seeks to learn and apply new tools/methods, stays current/up-to-date in the field
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
This position provides statistical support for the Consumer Product Research group
- Ability to apply understanding of the product development process and business principles
- Strong knowledge of statistics, data analysis and visualization techniques
- Perform statistical analysis of in-house descriptive panel and global consumer test data
- Interpret and report on statistical analysis of the research data in support of technical guidance and quality decision-making
- Present research results and recommendations to others (project team members, management, etc), as required
- Consult on experimental design and power of testing to ensure efficient and proper test set up and execution
- Manage and maintain relational databases in support of product knowledge management
- Interact regularly with internal staff with ability to manage against priorities of multiple projects/activities for internal clients
- R programming (analytics and visuals)
- Applied statistics
- Experience analyzing perceptual data (sensory and/or consumer data)
- Alteryx and Tableau skill sets
- Learn/advance use of scale methods and sensometric Thurstonian modeling; R functions
- Expand use of available R Packages used for sensory and consumer data Sensominer Factominer PanelCheck ggplot2 Other custom applications, as identified against project needs (such as Best-Worst scaling, MATI analytics, Random Forest, text-mining, etc).
- Apply R-Studio (R software interface environment)
Qualified candidates please apply with resume.