THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE POSITION.
Under limited supervision, the Sr. Data Analyst focuses on resolving data integration, data validation, business intelligence, and data reconciliation issues.
The processes include gathering requirements; importing, cleaning, transforming, validating data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from/about the data.
Deliverables may include DDL or DML SQL commands, visualizations in PowerBI , processes designed to improve data quality, data consolidations to support one-off business needs, presentations reviewing conclusions gained from analyzing data, documents detailing business requirements as they pertain to data, and specifications covering the data necessary to address the business requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze complex data systems and document data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies describing what/how/where/why data is stored and how to access the data.
- Document and cross-reference business data terms and definitions that occur in various databases. The purpose is to help the business and IT better understand the data, how to use and support the data.
- Analyze and evaluate content and performance of queries, reports, and other data-based processes suggesting improvements which may include changes in the structure or indexing of data, as well as programming changes in generation, and distribution of reports/queries.
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources with ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Conduct detailed analysis of databases and systems to identify real or potential data quality issues including accuracy, completeness, relevance, and timeliness. Develop data reconciliation and cleansing solutions.
- Communicate data analysis results to senior management. Identify and present findings, and follow through to completion, process improvements that improve data quality, drive efficiency, mitigate risk, or provide new value to the organization.
- Work with the architecture teams to ensure compliance to architectural standards and provide feedback to those teams to improve the architecture.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program or equivalent direct relevant experience.
- At least 8+ years of experience analyzing business data(need some retail industry exp )
- At least 5 years of advanced, demonstratable database query (SQL) experience required
- Experience with data management, business intelligence and data visualization tools (i.e. PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau, Alteryx)
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience with Google Big Query (GBQ) is a huge plus
- Experience with Informatica’s Metadata manager