Piper Companies has engaged with an incredible Global Humanitarian Organization to identify two Data Analysts with a background using Google BigQuery to join a high profile team that utilizes a worldwide network and predictive analytics platform bringing visibility to the world's hardest-to-see places. We enable global decision-makers to move faster and make smarter decisions by employing local, on-the-ground contributors to observe and collect real-time data.
What you get to do:
You'll work in the data and analytics team, a group of analysts, engineers, and scientists who are responsible for turning our raw data into the information our customers seek.
• Build customer-facing analytics and visualizations
• Build interactive dashboards from SQL queries over a complex and detailed data model
• Model datasets for analytical efficiency
• Work with project teams to define and refine new reports and analyses
• Critically evaluate and improve our data collection strategies:
• Perform ad hoc analysis of crowd-sourced data to uncover issues related to data quality, consistency and comprehension of questions and tasks
• Recommend concrete suggestions for improvement and work with other teams to implement them
• Track and evaluate whether recommended changes impact data quality
• Support product discovery:
• Liaise between product and data science to prototype new data products
• Support our implementation teams in rolling out and improving existing data products
• Support model and algorithm improvements through:
• Data cleaning, tagging or correction
• Exploratory analysis of user behavior
Your background likely includes:
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or International Relations or relevant work experience
• Must have professional work experience in Google BigQuery
• 3+ years experience with SQL working complex datasets.
• 3+ years experience with a data visualization tool (Periscope Data, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc).
• 2+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both for technical and non-technical audiences)
• Relentless drive to listen, learn and improve and the world around you
• Eagerness to dive into a demand-driven queue of analytics requests covering a wide spectrum of responsibilities and projects.
• Eager to teach and document your analytical deliveries so others may build off your work
• Salary : $100,000 to $115,000/year + Full Benefits Package
• Terms : 9 Month Contract to Hire
If Interested, please send your resume to Mike Hanlon at