Role: Data Analyst
Location: Annapolis, MD
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to work out of their Annapolis, MD office.
- Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
- Does being a critical part of a team of high-performers inspire you?
- How would you like your next career move to provide a diversity of experience strengthening your skills in both marketing analytics and analytical product development?
- Do you want your work to make a real difference in the world to have a meaningful impact on the well-being of others?
If you answered yes to these questions, consider a role with our client. They are a full-service performance-based digital agency supporting non-profits in their fundraising, advocacy and branding efforts. The Data Analyst will lead our efforts at better leveraging data to measure audience behavior and to inform new product development and the digital strategy of our clients. We hire curious and collaborative people and empower them to do amazing things. We have an open and non-hierarchical culture, work hard/play hard mentality, and learn from one another.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Provide thought-leadership in the area of analytics/data science
- Perform ongoing analysis of audience data from multiple sources (Google Analytics, Facebook, YouTube, CRM, etc.)
- Utilize a variety of scripting and statistical analysis tools (spreadsheets, pivot tables, Python, R, etc.) to combine data from multiple sources, interpret data, identify trends and measure results against stated objectives
- Identify important and interesting questions surrounding our customer s challenges, then translate those questions into concrete analytical tasks
- Develop tools and process to help uncover hidden patterns in data
- Aggregate and summarize data to create dashboards and business reviews with rich interactive visualization
- Deliver analytical products in support of new product development
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients to design and implement A/B and multivariate testing frameworks to quantify the effects of marketing campaign and user experience strategies on user acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Map disparate data to standardized values using a structured taxonomy
- Create and maintain client-specific data dictionaries
- Troubleshoot data issues and work with clients to identify root causes and solutions
Requirements for this position include:
Experience working with analytics data from multiple digital sources (website, Facebook, Google Analytics, Google Ads, CRM, etc.) Must have at least two years of practical work experience in a similar role or an advanced degree in Marketing Analytics (or similar) Highly proficient with Excel (i.e. pivots, vlookups, etc.) Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Analytics Knowledge of R, Python and/or other data manipulation and statistical analysis tools is a plus Experience with SQL is a plus Strong communication skills Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience developing dashboards or data visualizations using Tableau, Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analysis, draw conclusions from analysis, and present to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Prior experience with:
- Data discovery, shaping and analysis
- Statistical and topic modeling
- Parsing and ETL
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran or disability status.