Job title: Buyer II LCO
About the role – you will:
Scope - Internal customer support for LCO/FRE Design Center - purchase order management for goods and services pertaining to LCO/FRE needs.
• Internal customer support for purchase order placement
• Interaction with wide supplier base
• Reconcile accounts payable invoice discrepancies
• Project based participation
• Support and provide backup
About our group
This Buyer position will be part of a Purchasing team made up of 5 buyers who support the Longmont, CO and Fremont, CA Design Centers (LCO/FRE). Our Purchasing team manages indirect material and service requirements including, but not limited to design phase tquipment/tooling for hard drive operations, IT software/hardware, company-wide operational services, HR functions, etc. The existing team is very dynamic and collectively has knowledge of every aspect of global operations and requirements. This incoming position will be in the fortunate position to gain a great deal of knowledge related to best-in-class manufacturing support.
• Customer oriented person with outgoing personality – first and foremost we are a service organization.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to be flexible and refocus as daily priorities change.
• Aptitude for understanding corporate policies and interpreting and applying those practices to situational tasks.
• Detail oriented
• Work outside of the silo – participate and contribute to cross-functional teams/groups.
• View every new interaction as an opportunity to help or resolve an issue.
Your experience includes:
• Supply Chain and/or Purchasing fundamentals
• Education/APICS equivalent preferred
• Oracle knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of hard drive industry or similar tech a plus
Location: LCO (working offsite initially)
Shift: Mon-Fri days