Are you looking to make a difference in the federal government? Are you looking for a career, not just a "job"? Are you passionate about doing what's right? Do you have experience and skills in acquisition, specifically information technology acquisitions? Then we have a position for you.
Noblis is seeking a Data Analyst to plan, analyze and report findings as they relate to marketing, operational and other business related questions. This opportunity supports a government agency with analysis to help them understand operations and make business decisions. Responsibilities include: data extraction; data cleaning; data analysis; statistical analysis; technical writing; and communicating findings. As part of a Noblis team, candidates will work closely with government clients to understand current issues and challenges, implement practical and effective solutions and foster the clear understanding of analysis results.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-10 years of professional experience as a Data Analyst; or 3-5 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
* Ability to extract data from a variety of systems
* Experience performing analysis of data through use of mathematical algorithms, sortations, tools and techniques
* Ability to validate findings and check ones own work
* Ability to generate reports that clearly communicate findings and considers stakeholder feedback
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
* Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
* Experience analyzing operational data in the area of Marketing, Production, or Financial
* Analyze and interpret results utilizing standard tools and techniques
* Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets
* Support the client or project manager in additional initiatives providing solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner
* Experience utilizing statistical techniques to analyze data
* Experience writing basic commands to extract data
* Ability to help visualize the data for analysis and to display results
* Demonstrated experience in data analysis techniques
* Proficiency with analytical tools, approaches and algorithms
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities. Facility with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools highly desirable.
* Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in a dynamic work environment.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Posted Date: 5/25/2017
Category: Analytical Support