CELEBRATE YOUR PERSONALITY AND TEAM SPIRIT.
GROW THROUGH YOUR CHOICES.
MAKE YOUR MARK.
North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Data Analytics Engineer role joining our Data & Analytics capability, focusing on advanced analytics, data visualization, machine learning, data wrangling, and emerging cloud technologies. The ideal candidate is capable of:
• Being a motivated self-starter enjoying the fast-paced world of analytics consulting
• Working in new and emerging technologies
• Working on advanced analytical projects for clients under supervision of lead data scientist
• Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to understand the business problem, work through solutioning, and present analytic findings to the client
• Building effective visual presentations and analytical dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau and other tools to present analytical findings
• Handling large volumes of data in a variety of formats for preparation of data insights
• Rapid prototyping and exploratory analytical work in the North Highland Insight Lab using commercial, public and private data
• Understanding the consulting business model of delivering exceptional work on-time and on-budget, every time
• Being a part of a collaborative team working to creatively solve complex technical and business problems that in the end drive real business value
• At least 2-6 years of hands-on data experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or other related fields
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical audience of wide variety of levels including client-facing senior management
• Analytical scripting language skills, such as Python, R, SAS
• Familiarity with the scripting data and machine learning ecosystems - (Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
• Experience with wide array of analytical approaches (correlation analysis, predictive and explanatory modeling, data mining, unsupervised clustering, analysis of unstructured data)
• Solid SQL skills – via exposure to RDBMS’s such as Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, postgres, etc.
• Solid data analysis and data discovery skills – via related technologies (SQL, Python, R, BI tools)
• Familiarity with cloud technologies – Data warehouse (BigQuery, RedShift) / cloud storage (GS, S3) / app engine (GCP App Engine, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
• Experience with "Big Data" environments (Hadoop and related technologies)
• Working knowledge of data movement ETL technologies – Stored procedures, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx
• Ability to gather and document business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
• Conduct functional report prototyping and wireframing
• Brings a business-based perspective and proactively suggests solutions as such
• Understanding of business functions (sales, finance, marketing, operations) and how they relate to business intelligence solutions
• Has the investigative mindset and related skills that can be used with any number of tools to explore available data
• Ability to self-direct and manage priorities; ability to handle issues that are not well-defined and/or conflict with available information; ability to successfully navigate ambiguity to resolution
• Willingness to travel to fulfill client requirements and project needs
• Master's degree in MIS or Analytics
• Professional certifications in data technologies (BI tools, cloud technologies, ETL, etc.)
• Familiarity with dimensional modeling techniques (star schemas, facts, dimensions, etc.)
• Ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization, and influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results
North Highland is a global management consulting firm known for helping clients solve their most complex challenges related to customer experience, performance improvement, technology and digital, and transformation. We add value and support our clients across the full spectrum of consulting, from strategy through delivery. We bring the big ideas, then we make them real. North Highland is an employee-owned firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with more than 3,000 consultants worldwide and 60+ offices around the globe. The firm is a member of Cordence Worldwide ( www.cordenceworldwide.com ), a global management consulting alliance. For more information, visit northhighland.com and connect with us on LinkedIn , Twitter and Facebook .
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.