Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position is responsible for the development of analytical tools, data transformation, and/or developing advanced visualizations. This individual will be required to ensure that the transformed and/or displayed information meets all clinical and business requirements of the organization and end-users. This will entail creating new as well as maintaining and modifying existing development. This individual will be required to provide guidance to other team members and end-users.
• Utilizes large complex data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Build the analytics infrastructure required for integrating information from a wide variety of data sources using task specific appropriate tools.
• Create analytics tools that utilize existing data assets to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency, quality improvement, and other key business performance metrics.
• Provides project management guidance and expertise to facilitate operations improvement projects.
• Continuously improves departmental processes, programs, operations, and services.
• Research and data analysis in support of troubleshooting production issues.
• Participate in resolution of routine data integration errors/variances when needed.
• Coordinate with other IS groups to see problems through to resolution.
• Attend planning and status meetings with team members, system administrators, and/or clients/end-users to understand project requirements and provide constructive commentary.
• Proactively contribute with ideas and solutions.
• Consult users on system and data capabilities.
• Ensures clients find the process supportive and effective.
• Provide regular updates and status of issue/task to the manager, product owner, and/or report requestor.
• Deliver solutions in line with user expectations as per defined requirements.
• Provide technical counsel to co-workers.
• Maintain strict levels of data confidentiality, privacy, and security.
Bachelor's Degree any area of study And 3+ years working with data/databases required.
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related STEM discipline And 3+ years healthcare experience is strongly preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.