One Company ... Many Careers! A Day In The Life Of A Data Analyst - req10307
Ready to be a part of a Fortune 50 Company? State Farm is looking for you!
If you enjoy solving technical challenges, engineering practical solutions, exploring new technology, and operating in a small dedicated team environment, this may be the perfect position for you! If you insist on beautiful, clean code while delivering quality applications to production incrementally, we want to talk to you!
Office Location Bloomington, IL
... where we work hard AND play hard! Additional Details:
We are looking for forward thinking data analysts to join our small cross functional product teams leveraging Agile principles. Join a team that is in the process of modernizing our solutions using the latest design patterns and technologies. Fast paced and outcome focused approach allows product teams autonomy to own the work centered on critical business and technical capabilities.
- Applies an expert understanding of data tools, practices, applications, programming languages and environments to assignments.
- Enables solution modernization activities through design and development-related work items and architectural engagement.
- Provides highest level of support for problem and issue resolution and provides technical consultation and direction to business and product team members.
- Utilizes strong business & technical knowledge for at least one data discipline across multiple platform/operating system to develop and support data, databases or products.
- Is sought out as a subject matter expert and provides comprehensive data knowledge on various design and access techniques for complex efforts.
- Leads strategic work across the product suite and utilizes data architecture to increase efficiency and effectiveness of complex issues.
- Champion and provide guidance with an innovative mind set to deliver data solutions. Influences and provides direction the data practices and the data infrastructure needed to support data services and automation.
- Influences and provides direction on data practices, coding, and testing standards.
- Conducts research and integrates industry best practices into data trends, Enterprise Technology processes and potential solutions.
- Drives, coordinates and delegates work of other team members. Drives required product testing practices and solutions to ensure product quality.
About Bloomington, IL:
All positions will be located in Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan.
Be Part of Our Community of Good Neighbors:
Working at State Farm®, you're part of our neighborhood; a passionate group of individuals driven to create possibilities and provide solutions for all of life's moments. Like a good neighbor, you help life go right for yourself and those we serve. Here you receive the support, encouragement and wealth of opportunities to succeed. Because, when you're part of our neighborhood, your next achievement is right around the corner. What You Can Expect
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right® Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
_____________________________________________________________ Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift: