Job Description: Data Analyst - 18-17846
Wolters Kluwer Legal and Regulatory is a leading global provider of intelligent information and electronic solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business compliance professionals, and expert educational resources for law students and professors.
In an increasingly dynamic world, Wolters Kluwer Legal and Regulatory connects legal and business communities with timely, specialized expertise and information-enabled solutions to support customers' success through productivity, accuracy and mobility. Its major product lines include Aspen, CCH, Kluwer Law International, and MediRegs. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel, health care organizations and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, IL.
The Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis of complex data systems and documenting data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies. In addition, the Data Analyst will develop ad hoc, automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information from database systems. This function provides the underpinning for the effective business intelligence analytics that drive strategic insights, trends and perspectives. The ideal candidate will maintain relevant reporting to monitor and project market, competitor and customer behaviors that will contribute to revenue-driving business goals of the Wolters Kluwer's Legal & Regulatory U.S. Division (LRUS).
Qualifications: The Data analyst will support BI initiatives and partner with data warehouse developers, as well as to work closely with the finance, marketing, sales, operations and product teams (management & development) to track, quantify and provide recommendations that will ultimately drive incremental revenue and improved profitability. The analyst will utilize his/her business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver data-analytic rigor to decision making processes. This role requires a proactive personality, analytical skillset, attention to detail, and excellent time management and communication skills. Experience and proficiency in the tools for retrieval and manipulation of data, including SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, MySQL, Alteryx Server/Designer, MS SharePoint Server, Tableau Desktop/Server, Qlik Sense from SQL Server, Teradata, SAP BW, SAP HANA, Oracle, Excel files, text files and MS Access is required.
* Assist design, development and implement Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
* Build and document a user requirements process that enables an orderly delivery of business intelligence insights to key stakeholders across five distinct business units within LRUS.
* Collaborate with the development team and subject matter experts to define solutions to develop the architecture of the selected business intelligence reporting solution: this requires working with the development team to design and develop high performing data solutions which satisfy the BI requirements.
* Design meaningful BI components for the delivery of dashboards, scorecards, delivered reports, ad hoc queries, extracts and analytics using one or several visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Looker, etc.
* Create QA test cases/test steps to ensure data integrity across all performance-based metrics and quality assurance of BI output.
* Work with end users to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of reporting/analysis solution.
* Interpret and communicate information in a manner that can be comprehended by non-analytical audience.
* Undergraduate degree with a concentration in quantitative methods and exposure to business administration; Master's Degree preferred.
* 1-3 years of professional business/data analysis experience.
* Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
* Experience with at least one advanced analytics tool
* Strong experience with data manipulation and blending across different data sources (GA/Omniture/DFP/SQL databases)
* Experience with reporting and visualization tools: Tableau and Business Objects (required), and tools such as MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Looker, etc. (optional).
* Exposure to Google Analytics, Google Analytics Big Query and Google Tag Manager , as well as A/B, multivariate testing tools a plus
* Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools, and enjoy converting the results of analyses into visual narratives tailored to the needs of the audience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams.
* Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of EU4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.