Key responsibilities for the Data Analyst include:
About YouIdeal characteristics in a candidate include:
- Writing complex SQL queries that analyze source data to understand relationships within the data
- Write SQL queries to perform data profiling to better understand the data contained within the systems
- Create source-to-target mappings that capture business logic, data standardization rules, and data integration logic that can be used by the ETL team.
- Identifying and interpreting patterns within data
- Work closely with business partners to resolve data discrepancies, explain data findings, and garner final approval of the source-to-target mappings
- Work closely with the data modelers, data engineers, and QA team to ensure that the data is properly loaded into the data warehouse
Required qualifications from an ideal candidate are:
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills,
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be a problem solver, critical thinker, self-motivated and possess integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently on concurrent tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to meet high expectations for precision and accuracy
- High degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity
For more information please contact Brian Otten ator
- 3+ years' experience performing data analysis in a data warehouse, data mart, or business intelligence environment
- Deep knowledge of database structures, normalization, de-normalization and entity relationships
- Deep knowledge of data warehouse concepts
- Strong data manipulation and data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred to ensure repetitive tasks can be completed in an efficient manner
- Ability to work both independently as well as a team
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in a financial services industry preferred
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.