Key individual contributor with accountability for gleaning actionable insights from large amounts of data. Use statistical analytics and machine learning to empower our colleagues to make better data driven decisions. Mine data to find patterns, connect the dots, and uncover key issues, trends and opportunities that lie hidden within data. Create and deliver data visualizations to communicate data insights.
The Data Engineer Cyber Security function is responsible for designing analytical experiments to help solve leading edge cyber security problems, deep dive into existing data lakes, employ algorithms and manufacture data driven models to perform data and error analysis. Create efficiencies by leveraging existing data/tools, and identifying analytics and dashboards to communicate cyber security risks. Provides expertise in exploratory data analysis, pattern discovery, and advanced analytical techniques (e.g. neural networks, deep learning).
This is a hands on position within the GIS Research and Innovation Data Science team requiring an understanding of data analytic techniques.
- Strong background in hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability as well as experience creating predictive analytics and predictive modeling methods including simulation
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of data science or risk analytics as it relates to the financial services and/or cyber security industry. Knowledge of predictive model development and oversight
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Perl, or C++
- Understanding of the Hadoop platform (e.g Hive, Impala, Spark) and related big data technologies(e.g Splunk)
- Fluency with SQL on one or more relational databases
- Ability to work in multiple areas of analytic applications and data visualizations
- Exceptional analytic/critical thinking abilities
- Excellent research skills - must be able to identify relevant data sources for information about emerging technologies to gain an understanding of how things work and be willing to dig in and take things apart to figure out how they work
- Strong written communication skills - must be able to write technical whitepapers/reports on insights
- Strong oral communication skills - must be able to present conclusions to a broad audience
- Good software and hardware architecture experience
- Ability to work independently: must be adept at undertaking and completing tasks, meeting schedules, and delivery
- Degree in Engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related technical field
Enterprise Role Overview - Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.Shift:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: