Requisition ID: 46261 All Locations:
Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?Responsibilities
The Analytics Software Department is seeking a Data Analytics Pipelines Section Manager interested in building cloud-native software applications and scalable platforms. As a Section Manager focused on Big Data & Analytics, you'll provide data sets, services, and infrastructure to help our customers make sound, data-driven decisions. You will lead projects to manage large volumes of corporate and customer data, enable data discovery and security, master and integrate disparate datasets, and deliver clean, secure platforms for reporting and advanced analytics. Key Functions
- Work with the department director and other managers as needed in all aspects of developing and managing the organization.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and lead staff to create industry-leading data analytics tools.
- Encourage the team to experiment with innovative ideas and solutions.
- Implement policies, practices, and operating processes and recommend changes and improvements to supervision. Responsible for compliance with security monitoring, processes, and recommendations.
- Assist higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Lead and supervise section staff. Work closely with contractors and program office to evaluate and develop leading-edge techniques and data analytics tools.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 5 or more years of technical and/or management experience
- Experience with API development and microservice architectures and patterns
- Working knowledge with one or more of programming languages: Python, Java
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms
- Effective communication skills and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Additional Requisition Details Clearance Requirement:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related descipline
- Experience with data analytics notebooks such as Apache Zeppelin, Jupyter
- Working knowledge of SQL as well as NoSQL solutions
None Relocation Available:
Yes Employment Type:
Regular Work Schedule:
Full Time Company Statement
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .Nearest Major Market:
Washington DC Job Segment:
Database, Engineer, Computer Science, Security Clearance, Cloud, Technology, Engineering, Government