Turn data into delicious, sustainable actions! As a Data Solutions Engineer (Supply Chain), you are a member of the General Mills Make Product Team, helping to lead the team with systems support and design new solutions that will drive value to General Mills Supply Chain business partners. WHAT YOU'LL DO Partner:
You'll work with our product owners to identify use cases, guide, and mentor development to deliver solutions that leverage our investments to ensure we utilize our capital in the plants to their fullest. You will also work with business analysts and solutions developers to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives. Communicate system or process changes to users with varying technical knowledge Scalable Solutions:
You will lead the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of emerging tools & processes for analytic data engineering to improve our productivity as a team. You ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability. Problem Solver:
You're committed to expanding global MES capabilities, optimizing processes to drive out waste at the plants, and empowering improved decision-making by enabling data usage across the enterprise. You'll be responsible for designing and support the data warehouse platform and all related extraction, transformation, and load of data functions across the MQIS/MES platforms. You'll diagnose problems and restore service promptly by working with system users and other IS Department members, software vendors, and service providers. EXAMPLES OF CURRENT WORK:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Support General Mills efforts to achieve zero waste to landfill by 2025. The data you provide is the first place engineers go to look to identify areas of waste reduction.
- Identifying process improvement areas within producti on line thru data.
- Provide a data environment that allows business SME to quickly find data insights and answers to their business questions.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5 years supporting/delivering complex IT solutions
- Strong business and developer skills for understanding requirements and building partnerships with our product manager and owner
- Data pipeline expertise and experience with developing infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- Ability to break down work as you research, plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Proficient in using and supporting systems using RDBMSs
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with technical and business partners at all levels; ability to articulate pros and cons of various approaches.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/activities and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment, including contractors and 3rd party vendors to ensure quality results
- 7+ years supporting/delivering complex IT solutions
- In-depth knowledge of logical/physical database design and strong experience with RDBMSs.
- Experience delivering solutions on cloud environments
- Good to strong understanding of database inter-connectivity and data transfer methods such as REST etc.
- Intermediate or better experience in modern technologies:
- Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes, Python.
- Familiar with Oracle, cron and bash scripts
- Maintain and enforce development and coding standards.
- Experience with Agile techniques / methodology
- Experience with MQIS and MES Reporting or BI/UX/Tableau
- Degree in MIS (Management Information Systems), Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. General Mills will not sponsor applicants for a U.S. work visa.
- Relocation support will not be offered to applicants within the United States.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered
- The preferred location for this role is Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.