ServerLogic has partnered with a local non-profit to hire a Data Architect - API for their team. In this role, you will focus on data architecture for the AWS platform. This position requires a strong background in AWS technologies for data pipeline, data lake, and data warehousing as well as experience in REST API design and data modeling for relational and noSQL stores. This position will help design their data pipeline, data lake and reporting architecture, defining how data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data consumers.
Note: This role can be fully remote.
- Transform from classic data warehouse and ETL architecture to continuous stream-based analysis
- Enable customers to extend application and reporting needs with self-service APIs and Data Models
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor for business and technical departments by providing practical and relevant advice
- Create architecture artifacts (Logical Architecture Diagrams, Workflows, Data Flow Diagrams, etc.) to effectively communicate solutions to varied audiences
- Prototype, as needed, to engage with other technical minds and vet solutions
- Participate in making build vs. buy decisions based upon business capability model, resource capacity, and risk
- Create, define, or choose consistent data storage solutions for applications
- Support platform consolidation efforts in migrating to common foundational data models
- Provide oversight over REST API design
- Bring forward API management, versioning, and technology that strengthens our API platform
- Cultivate organizational partnerships to ensure comprehensive capabilities are developed with proper input from subject matter experts.
- Partner with product management to ensure platform APIs and data is technically solid, consumable, consistent and best meets the needs of customers
- Provide support to development teams for solving enterprise-wide challenging technical problems through application of prototypes and knowledge of industry best practices
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect using AWS technologies (e.g., Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda) and knowledge of current AWS best practices in data storage and processing
- 4+ years of experience designing solutions that run highly concurrent workloads in production on modern data warehouses such as AWS Redshift and Snowflake
- 4+ years’ experience designing REST APIs for multiple industries
- Strong experience in developing within a microservice architecture
- 10+ years of experience in developing software in a fast-paced company or technology consulting environment
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; Master’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with API management technologies
- Significant experience with modern data pipeline tools for batch and streaming.
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration and scheduling.
- Experience with modern tools for testing data pipelines.
- Depth in data modeling and database design for both relational and noSQL data stores
- Ability to design REST APIs, canonical data models, versioning and how to design for longevity/extensibility
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture: When the data architect initiates, evaluates, and influences projects he or she does so from the perspective of the entire organization.