The Data Architect, Commercial IT will have a unique opportunity to help create a cutting-edge data analytics platform for the commercial division of a fast-growing pharmaceutical company. This role requires strong hands on technical and data architecture skills, business acumen, and the ability to execute a technical project alongside third parties and internal teams.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial IT, this individual will bring extensive experience building data marts, data warehouses and analytic solutions, skills to analyze requirements & translate to technical solutions, This role is a mix of data architecture, coding, and data analysis. It involves partnering with technical and functional groups to translate data needs and challenges into architecture & specifications for implementation teams and support hands on those implementations.
This is a high-impact and hands-on role that serves as a key member of the commercial IT Data & BI team, and collaborates across Commercial IT, Commercial (sales, marketing, market access, commercial operations) business users, vendor teams, and corporate IT to deliver successful initiatives that drive business value.
- Analyze requirements from business users, analyze data, and translate into architecture & specifications including business logic for technical teams.
- Provide support and potentially hands on roles through the development cycle, resolving technical roadblocks, clarifying business rules, testing & validating
- Manage technical vendors to realize project goals related to data, reporting & visualization.
- Based on understanding of data & business rules, specify automated data quality controls with the end goal of providing accurate data to the business.
- Document and update core technical processes and logic
- Proactively generate ideas to solve near term business problems, while keeping an eye on the long term objectives
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Visualization. 2+ years with cloud data platforms (AWS preferred).
- Experience with implementation of data marts, data pipelines, business intelligence & reporting solutions.
- Expert level SQL skills
- Proficient in BI, Data Warehouse, Python, Informatica, AWS (redshift, lambda, athena) annd visualization tools (Tableau or similar).
- Hands-on and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure. Ability to quickly translate thoughts into reality.
- Ability to lead discussions with technical teams as well as business partners.
- Preferred: Exposure to syndicated Pharmaceutical datasets (IQVIA, etc) preferred.