Requisition Number: 77349
Data Architect (I and II) - Remote
You will be joining a world class team of architects and engineers with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills that also have the ability to manage complex solutions with rapidly changing priorities. You need to be a driven, self-starter that requires minimal supervision and one who is passionate about personal and professional achievement while solving our customers' complex business problems.
Digital Innovation, a division of Insight, is a rapidly growing, nationally recognized, award winning business. We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
Here in the Digital Innovation team, our teammates are working on projects that range from building systems that use drones, IoT Edge, and AI for real-time aerial inspections, to projects that monitor lice infestations in salmon populations to keep food supplies safe. Think about all the cool stuff you read about that others are doing and we'll bet you that we have a team that is working on it right now; augmented reality with Microsoft HoloLens, conversation agents (chatbots) with AI and cognitive learning, real time IoT, the list goes on.
The Southwest team at Digital Innovation is seeking a passionate Data Architect I/II (depending on experience) to join our team. You will serve as thought leader, solution visionary, technology expert and mentor to other engineers. You will help clients envision future state capabilities, define & design modern data solutions in a presales client-facing capacity to achieve that vision and lead the implementation for our clients.
We are practitioners of lean engineering (a high velocity product development process that applies Lean and DevOps practices), microservice oriented patterns and practices, and cloud platform capabilities for the design and development of modern applications, SaaS and PaaS solutions.
We provide these services to our clients who are business of all sizes from startups to fortune 500 companies. What is consistent across our clients is that they are interested in transforming their business through modern applications and have engaged Digital Innovation to deliver on that vision.
Digital Innovation's Data and Analytics team is responsible for designing, building and implementing world-class BI / modern data warehouse, big data, predictive, and data-visualization solutions and products for a variety of companies across many industries. Our clients rely on us to produce craftsman-quality solutions and strategies that meet their needs today, tomorrow and in the future. We are growing our team to provide for the emerging needs of our expanding client family.
We are looking for an experienced data architect with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of foundational data architectures such as data warehouses, ETLs and in-memory OLAP models, as well as experience in NoSQL and cloud implementations. In this role, you will work directly with client stakeholders, sales executives, and an award-winning team of engineers, architects and thought leaders to discover, design, build and implement an exciting variety of mission critical, line of business applications as well as cutting-edge cloud, big data and predictive analytics solutions.
- Drive the discovery, design and execution of a wide variety of data solutions for external clients
- Design and lead delivery of solutions to tough data challenges and provide feedback on others' work
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight on all aspects of solution delivery: sales, estimation, design, management, implementation, delivery and more
- Work directly with client stakeholders to develop technical solutions for business cases.
- Work closely with client technical and business stakeholders to shape the success of projects
- Aggressively grow your skillset and translate your new capabilities into high-quality execution
Qualifications and Experience Profile
- 10+ years of professional data and analytics solution design and development experience with expertise is several of the following areas:
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Predictive analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning a plus
- NoSQL topologies using tools like Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, etc a plus
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing, ETL/ELT and in-memory/cube use cases and patterns
- SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- SSRS, Power BI, Tableau
- SSAS and DAX
- Reporting Services
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Azure Data Factory
- PowerShell scripting
- Azure Automation
- Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Azure Synapse a plus
- Knowledgeable of cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, flexible architectures
- Proven ability to drive complex design and development efforts in an agile environment
- Skill at crystalizing requirements into clear priorities, estimates, tasks and deliverables
- Drive to make others great though collaboration, example and mentoring
- Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
- Exemplary communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to rapidly grow competencies use new skills to design and implement solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
The team is made of proven Engineers/Architects who have demonstrated their understanding of software development and crafted their skill set in advanced analytics technologies. Joining them would offer the opportunity to work on major, high impact projects, solving organizations problems with the best tech in the industry.Insight (INST) In the News
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Phoenix || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || MSOP-SC; None || None || US - Los Angeles, CA; US - Phoenix, AZ ||
#GLDR2Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Data Architect, Database, Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Data, Engineering, Technology