We're looking for a passionate and professional Data Architect for a long-term opportunity with our industry-leading client in Stamford. You will enable faster data analytics decisions by continuously refining and enhancing data models, architecture, and management tools.This is a contract to hire opportunity. Applicants must be willing and able to work on a w2 basis and convert to FTE following contract duration. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Data Architect:
Requirements of the Data Architect:
- Propose optimal data model, architecture, and management tool options; stand up or enable others to easily stand up
- Elicit unspecified requirements and propose data model, architecture, and management tool options to meet them
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Stand up solutions or enable others to efficiently do so, as team dynamics merits, demonstrating requirements and specification has been met
- Work with solution architect and performance engineer to optimize overall solutions
- Work with technology teams to help evolve corporate data models, architecture, and management tools
- Identify areas for improvement in current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience with data tools within the Microsoft data platform
- Azure: Azure SQL Databases, HDInsight, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Experience managing and mentoring employees with a proven track record of growing talent from within an organization
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills to enable clear technical execution
- Ability to translate requirements into clean, efficient, and quality technical solutions
- Knowledge of cloud and hybrid cloud implementations
- Excellent communication skills across technical and nontechnical audiences
Keywords: Data Architect, Azure, Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake
Job ID: 353541 About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic consulting and talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Our purpose is to positively impact the lives of our employees, clients, consultants, and the communities in which we operate. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in talent solutions, life sciences consulting, Agile consulting, cloud services, risk management, business optimization, and managed services enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA, and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence and deep networks, as well as national reach.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!