Wouldn't you like to work for a rapidly growing, award-winning, successful technology consulting firm? Ranked as the 2nd best mid-size company to work for in Chicago, it’s time you get in on the action. Think you're ready to take your career to the next level?
1) Must have current or past experience in management consulting
2) Willing to travel up to 50%
3) Must be local to Chicago
Currently seeking an experienced Data Engineering Architect to join our emerging Advanced Analytics practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing data strategy and roadmaps, implementing new customer facing reporting and analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
· Provide data management expertise to our clients in evaluating requirements and developing data architecture and BI solution design. Data management includes appropriate structuring, stewardship of data, semantics/syntax of data attributes, coding structures, and mapping schemes.
· Design logical Data Warehouse architecture and data model, implement physical Data Warehouse design (schema, indexes, partitions, etc.)
· Design ETL architecture including CDC, mappings, data flows, procedures, schedules, etc.
· Design OLAP and semantic layer based on the reporting requirements
· Design reporting architecture and provide recommendations for reporting technology
· Guide and coach developers, share best practices, perform code reviews
· Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration within data warehouse and that data integrity issues are addressed.
· Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business and technical development.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring to the table
· The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of hands-on professional experience.
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· 1-3+ years of prior consulting experience
· Very strong technical knowledge in ETL tools (SQL Server SSIS or Informatica), Databases (SQL Server 2012, Oracle), OLAP tools (Microsoft SSAS), Reporting tools (Microsoft SSRS, Cognos), ability to work alone or in conjunction with a DBA
· Microsoft BI certification is strong plus
· Has good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Business Intelligence environment.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
· A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics.
· Travel requirements: up to 50 %