Job Description - Data Architect
Our client is redefining what's possible in public education. They are setting out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, they are the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, their network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
The Enterprise Data and Analytics department's purpose is to build a healthy data and technology culture. By focusing on the concrete educational outcomes we are trying to accomplish in our schools, the team develops technical and organizational systems that are user-friendly, scalable, and flexible. The department is responsible for all reporting, analytics, data infrastructure, training, and evangelization.
The Data Architect
role will be a key contributor to our mission of driving innovation across the organization. Reporting to the Leader of Engineering, this role will be responsible for building, automating, and optimizing our client's data pipeline including cloud storage and data warehouse. Additionally, this role will be responsible for applying best practices to create efficient data models combining data from many internal and external sources to feed the organization's dashboards and data science models. This role will be part of a highly collaborative team of professionals with a wide range of skills including data science, data engineering, business analysis, and project management.Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field like Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology from a respected University
- At least 6 years of experience working within a corporation or consumer-focused environment
- Proven expertise in database management and data architecture
- Experience ingesting and harmonizing data from many different sources
- Hands-on experience working with cloud services such as AWS or MS Azure and relational databases (SQL)
- Hands-on experience with cloud data warehousing solutions such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, C++, or Scala
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to document complex business and technical processes
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with key software development processes such as testing and version control
- Ability to lead projects independently and communicate effectively across the organization
- Ability to collaborate with data analysts, software engineers, business partners and other stakeholders and act as an evangelist for data science/analytics principles and practices
- Experience with agile methodology and project management is preferred