This position will be responsible for the data architecture, design, modeling, analysis and performing of related technical activities across a set of technology products and services within the business line domain of Client Supervision and Regulation. These responsibilities will include development of data related strategies across the software development lifecycle for a number of technology products in collaboration with solution architects, development teams and business partners. The candidate will be responsible for shaping data strategies and governance practices, while leading teams through the implementation of data designs and data related practices. This role will require advanced technical, communication, and execution skills and will help shape local and national technology practices.
• Leads the development of enterprise data architectures, strategies and solution recommendations in support of business strategies.
• Develops recommendation and conducts analysis in support of department and business line strategic efforts.
• Provides thought leadership and consulting services to business lines.
• Assesses and determines governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
• Champions enterprise data management best practices.
• Provides consultation during strategic planning, prioritization, and implementation projects.
• Leads design of high-level conceptual and logical models that facilitate a cross-system/cross functional view of data requirements.
• Develops and delivers long-term goals for data modeling and standards. Identifies and develops opportunities and strategies for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
• Leads and conducts data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies and related tasks.
• Establishes methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
• Establishes processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata and takes steps to assure metadata accuracy, validity and quality. Provides leadership to system and local work groups.
• Acts with a great deal of discretion within general scope of established operational goals and plans.
• Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments within scope of general guidance.
• Requires high degree of independent judgment and competence to achieve results and resolve significant issues.
• Delegates tasks, provides direction, serves as a knowledge resource, and reviews work results.
• Provides coaching to staff and provides performance feedback to management.
• Regularly provides input to management on tactical issues.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field and IT certifications, preferably related to architectural design; or Master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field.
• At least 8 years data architecture experience, with expertise in both transactional and data warehouse modeling.
• Master data management and data governance experience strongly desired.
• At least ten years of information technology experience.
• Technology architecture/engineering, information security, or related experience required.
• Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively build relationships, promotes a collaborative and team environment, and influences others.