Labcorp is recruiting a Data Architect for a dynamic team in either RTP or Burlington, NC. This person will help lead the company's Data Modeling and Data Assessment efforts, as well as help extend the Data Architecture best practice in the areas of Standards Definition, Data Quality, and Lifecycle Management.
In support of Labcorp's strategic pillars to focus on customers and to digitize and embed analytics in our systems. The Data Architect plays a key role in facilitating data requirements for migration mapping, data validation and management of logical and physical database structure. Summary of Position
Labcorp is looking for a hands-on data analyst, modeler, and technologist who has deep experience in logical and physical design, database structures, advanced SQL, and collaboration skills to work with Business Owners and Development teams to develop and document deep knowledge of data and its information flow through business process.
Specific Areas of Focus Include:
- The Data Architect will develop a detailed knowledge of the data required for his/her assigned systems, and become the subject matter expert on content, semantics, tiering, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of assigned repositories and other Enterprise Data.
- The Data Architect will work closely with development teams to come up with new conceptual and logical data models, collaborating heavily with Business Analysts and Application Developers to come up with models that not only work logically, but also implement well physically.
- The Data Architect will design and implement scripts, databases, and analyses that will support product quality and an in-depth understanding of the data.
- The Data Architect will work closely with the team in creating and implementing standards, data quality disciplines, and lifecycle management
- The Data Architect will research data issues that affect Production products, assisting in the resolution of data-related problems
- The Data Architect will understand the data quality challenges in his assigned applications and work with the Development teams to remediate.
- The Data Architect will coordinate the ILM effort for his/her applications, working with the BAs, development team, and Analytics groups to define the ILM strategy and the retention policy.
- This individual will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide data design for individual applications and the Enterprise.
- Performs a key role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data discovery, database design and implementation.
- Enforces and Extends the standards that have been set by the Data Architecture group
- Creates conceptual, logical and physical data models that make use of those standards
- Has a deep understanding of the semantics behind the assigned products/applications, and includes these definitions in data models
- Researches publicly available data that might be needed to supplement application data and coordinates any needed purchases with LabCorp peers.
- Provides data solutions when data is needed from other applications via Services, Views, MVs, or other processes.
- Participates in team meetings to define standards, work through issues or gaps, setup collaborations with other teams such as the DBA or ETL groups, and related activities
- Documents any discussions or design decisions on the Data Architecture Wiki
- Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear designs, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data within his/her purview
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, or a related discipline. Equivalent experience will be considered as an adjunct to the educational requirement.
- Logical and physical data design including tables, key structures, RI, cardinality, DDL generation, macro usage, platform differences and other related technical knowledge
- Experience using ER-Studio modeling tool, experienced in model compare and model migration, Repository processing, database generation, reverse engineering existing databases, compare and merge functions.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT working on mid to large scale software delivery based projects.
- Experience running multi-vendor POCs to develop recommendations for new tooling
- 3+ years in a Data Architect/Modeler role providing services to an IT shop.
- Technical expertise regarding physical implementation of data models, database design development, and partitioning/segmentation techniques
- Experience using ER-Studio and writing Macros.
- Experience in analyzing large datasets using complex SQL queries
- Experience with multiple market leading relational database platforms: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres
- Good understanding of database theory
- Experience working with Agile Development Teams
- Working knowledge of JSON, XML, EDI, and other interchange formats
- Familiarity with Data Quality concepts and tools (IDQ, Information Analyzer, Informatica, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Familiarity with Data Management practices such as data inventory, data lineage, data classification/categorization, business glossary development, and metadata management.
- Domain experience: Healthcare
- Experience with real time data processing in high volume transactional environment
- Familiarity with Data Quality metrics and scoring techniques
- Familiarity with Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) concepts and implementations
- Familiarity with Data Governance concepts and tools