Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path working in Arlington, VA or Bethesda, MD.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Data Architect, to play a key role in our Advanced Analytics team with the design and development of data models for the projects extending from Research & Development to Prototyping to Data Science Platforms. Example technical challenges include the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program, a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community stakeholders for massive streams of heterogeneous data sources and types. Our teams include highly skilled systems engineers, software, data and system integration engineers, and data scientists.
Work closely and collaboratively with project team members, you will have the following fun responsibilities:
• Understand and interpret requirements, high-level features and desired outcomes to articulate the needs to be addressed.
• Provide technical leadership and support to R&D, Prototyping, and Agile development team(s) to deliver solutions with architectures that provide capability improvements, reduced maintenance costs and flexibility to adapt quickly to customer needs.
• Formulate data model designs that create solutions meeting various desired outcomes (both current and future) while balancing the goals and constraints on the solutions.
• Design, develop, and execute data management solutions.
• Manage change to the data architecture and control data model complexity. Make data architecture and solutions as flexible as possible. Defend against, when appropriate, suggested changes to the data architecture that introduce undue complexity or future supportability issues. Assist with trade off analyses of increased complexity.
• Communicate data architecture framework to stakeholder groups with varying levels of technical understanding.
• Design, test, and evaluate technologies and vendor solutions for inclusion into existing architecture to solve technical or customer problems.
• Clarify data quality requirements and standards, and identify data model risks early in the development cycle.
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to meet the customer needs and provide innovative solutions for improvements.
This is you:
• BS degree in computer Science or related technical field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience in software development processes, designing, developing and implementing enterprise scale technology or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in data architecture
• Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
• Experience developing and maintaining ontologies, schemas, and data structures
• Experience collaborating with product owners, users and developers to design and communicate an innovative and secure architecture that enables continuous delivery of features.
• Development experience with interpreted or compiled languages, such as Python or Java respectively
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience developing and maintaining ETL pipelines
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
• Experience developing and revising the most complex conceptual, logical, and physical data models
• Experience with data security and privacy policies
• Experience working with a highly technical team in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
• Ability to successfully interact with various stakeholders (i.e., customers, developers, system engineers, system admins)
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience designing enterprise architecture with modern, enabling technologies and processes e.g. CI/CD, virtualization, agile design and development, REST services, API development, authentication and authorization protocols.
• Experience with DevSecOps tools and implementation
• Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ or other messaging technologies
• Development experience with code repositories, branching, tagging and creating release candidates
• Experience with Knowledge Graph technologies (e.g., Neo4j)
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with cybersecurity requirements
• Experience with development in AWS and/or Azure and their configuration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.