Description Job Description:
The Leidos Public Health group is currently recruiting a Data Architect to support our expanding business in Atlanta, GA.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Facilitates development of overall data architecture strategy, framework, and roadmap, aligning to the broader enterprise architecture (application, process, technology, security, etc.).
Develop logical and physical data model for data centric applications and data visualization projects
Ensures that business needs are or will be met by the long-term architecture solution.
Provides standards and guidelines for usage of the architecture.
Develops and implements governance for the architecture.
Evaluates the reusability of current data for additional analyses and conducts data cleansing to rid the system of old, unused or duplicate data.
Develop and implement procedures for effective data management.
Create rules, procedures and technology to enhance interoperability and promote data sharing.
Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect sensitive information.
Performs data modeling, data design, and metadata and repository creation. Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
Ensure adherence to legal and agency regulations on data usage and management
- BS degree, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 8 years of experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong technical background in data repository technologies such as SQL Server, MongoDB, and/or Hadoop
- Strong understanding of interoperability concepts, techniques, and technologies
- Experience development and/or managing automated ETL data pipelines using tools such as Microsoft SSIS, and R
- Experience supporting data visualization and analytic solutions
- Exceptional soft skills including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical, technical skills, communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience leading data architectural and management activities at CDC or another federal agency
- Solid understanding of federal IT security standards, HL7, and/or Electronic Health Record
- Experience in architecting, developing and implementing microservices centric solutions
- Experience in building data analytic solution using latest technologies and techniques
- Experience in applying AI/ML in data management
- Experience working with private or hybrid cloud based data lake
- Experience supporting PowerBI and Tableau solutions
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and/or Socrata
- Any relevant technical and/or security certifications
hhscdcExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Database ManagementPay Range: