Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field, or equivalent Senior level experience as Data Architect.
- Demonstrated 12+ Experience in Data management, Data modeling and/or Data Ontologies
- 3+ Years of experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience in structured, semi-structured and structured datasets
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Python, Scala, SQL scripting
- Experience MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) platforms
- Experience of MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) platforms
- Experience employing Extract Transform Load (ETL) techniques to blend data from multiple sources
- Experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing
- Experience in GEOINT domains and datasets
Define, prototype and evolve the recommended data architecture for NGA CDO Data Services. Provide a framework to determine how to grow new data assets and evaluate existing data assets. Provide data architecture services and perform data architecture reviews, ensuring the compliance of metadata standards. Served as a secondary Point of Contact (POC) for the data governance steering committee in absence of CDO/DCDO. Engages data practitioners across mission sets to align data consumption needs to overall Enterprise Architecture.Duties include:
- Lead Design, implementation and management of Agency wide Data Abstraction layer
- Design and implement effective database solution to Ingest, curate, store and retrieve agency/IC data.
- Perform structural data tests in alignment with user and application usage patterns.
- Standardize data architecture and data management practices.
- Implement database controls in alignment with internal and external regulations.
- Drive and manage operational data standards.
- Define structure, integrate, govern, describe and model data in the NGA enterprise
- Design and implement effective data architecture and data management practices to support NGA enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
- Participates in team discussions regarding data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of NGA Data Lakes and Warehouses
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with CDO/DCDO objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving underachieving areas and present these plans to CDO & DCDO
- Participates in NGA/IC driven Data Standards committees
- Support database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
- Document data inventory and data flow diagrams to determine what can be measured and consumed, when and how