VariQ is seeking a Data Architect/Lead Data Scientist for a long-term contract with a Federal client in Rockville, MD. The candidate will be part of a large DevOps team working on modernizing an enterprise-scale system with national security significance. The Sr. Developer will actively collaborate with government Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, external vendor teams, and internal VariQ team members to create high-performance, scalable, cloud-native solutions based on stakeholder needs.
* Location: Telework opportunities available with occasional onsite travel
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain an IRS MBI clearance
* Available: Upon award (expected end of February 2019), currently in proposal stage
* Designs, implements and maintains moderately complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation and statistical methods.
* Maintains database dictionaries, monitors standards and procedures and integration of systems through database design.
* Database design and large (terabyte scale) database architecture.
* Works with massive amounts of data in a high availability environment.
* Configures and administers Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases like MongoDB and MapReduce frameworks.
* Knowledge of Massively Parallel Processing databases like Greenplum.
* Provides support to DB2 (Tier 1 Mainframe), Oracle (Tier 2 UNIX Platform) databases, and/or Greenplum.
* Unit testing as well as Black/White Box testing.
* Database optimization, performance tuning, health monitoring, administration etc.
* Utilize excellent communication skills and ability to work with customers, senior management and other technical teams.
* Troubleshoot data quality issues.
* Utilize excellent documentation and organizational skills.
* Master's degree or higher in a related discipline and/or fifteen (15) years' experience.
* At a minimum, possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the IT field focusing on enterprise data architecture.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in Relational and Dimentional data modeling.
* A minimum of eight (8) years' experience in conceptual/logical/physical data modeling.
* Strong understanding and experience in BI/Data Warehouses, Data Marts, and Data Lakes.
* Penchant for working in fast-paced, collaborative environments with a strong affinity for innovation.
* Strong Agile/Scrum fundamentals and experience.
* Communication and leadership skills.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology