The Manager Data Center Engineering is responsible for leading a team of Engineers in architectural design and implementation of technology used to support data center products and services, and providing a point of escalation for technical issues. The Manager will be a key team member in the transformation of the data center line of business, providing resiliency and scalability to support the growth of the business. This role requires collaboration with Engineers and stakeholders both internally and with clients in order to drive implementation towards the end state. The Manager will lead various projects, define and implement policies and procedures, and supporting technologies. In order to best serve our clients, the Manager must be available to perform after hours support and maintenance activities, and respond to escalations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, and customers regarding pertinent IT Infrastructure issues and activities.
Practice IT Infrastructure asset management and monitoring, including maintenance of component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
Create a Professional, Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Ensure billable work is recorded against clients being serviced.
Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
Develop and distribute reports, KPI s and presentations for management.
Lead the incident response team as required during critical outages.
Respond to escalated issues from NOC 24x7x365 as needed.
- Cisco UCS and Dell servers
- NetApp storage
- VMware and Citrix Xen hypervisors
- Logic Monitor
- 3+ years of Leadership Experience Required.
- 8+ years of experience as a Systems and/or Network Engineer designing and implementing infrastructure to support applications running in a highly virtualized environment.
- MSP or CSP experience in managing multiple customers and multi-tenant environments a plus.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
- Demonstrated leadership in IT Infrastructure engineering, managed services, and/or cloud services.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Experience with Business Continuity\Disaster Recovery planning across multiple data centers
- Windows Server installation, support and troubleshooting in various deployments
- Administration of Microsoft utilities including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and LDAP configuration
- Servers ability to manage Cisco UCS and Dell servers
- Storage ability to support workloads using both SAN and NAS technologies from NetApp, EMC, and others.
- Familiarity with Fibre channel and iSCSI storage networking protocols
- Experience managing VMware vSphere
- Administration of monitoring and alerting tools
- Administration of backup and point-in-time recovery technologies like Vembu, CommVault, Veeam, etc.
- Experience with replication and recovery technologies like Zerto, VMware vSphere Replication SRM
- Experience with scripting and automation languages such as PowerShell, PowerCLI, Python and/or Bash desired
Technical Certifications (Preferred but not required)
VCP (VMware Certified Professional), Microsoft MCSE, MCSA or MCITP, Cisco CCNA, CompTia A+ and/or Security+, Red Hat RHCSA or RHCE